[bksvol-discuss] good numbers, January home page and ...dul discussions-smile

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:01:40 -0400

Dear Cindy, Katie, Gerald, Jill and Everyone,

Re numbers, Katie, thanks for passing 27,065 along. It's a beautiful number and
very encouraging. Do you think we'll reach 30 thousand by the end of 2006?

re more numbers. When I uploaded my book today I noticed the bad words total
for the first time because some of you alerted me that the tools were counting
them. The tools said my book had almost 250 scorchers but it didn't appear to
need an adult rating. I agreed. Wow, it didn't seem there were that many when I
was encountering them one at a time. I put in my comments that they were used
sparingly. hahahah.

re January volunteer home page. I'll be apologizing to my computer all night. I
was blaming it for not keeping up!

re unsubscribing to the discuss list, I had hoped there would be more
discussion of books listers read from the bookshare collection and promotion of
books validators and scanners are happy to have had approved and added to the
collection. With so many great books to choose from, I'd enjoy recommendations
from other subscribers to make additions to the top of my to read list.

One of the main reasons I stay subscribed is because I like getting to know
members and volunteers. I like the personal and supportive messages. They
humanize the great, Bookshare machine. As a volunteer, knowing the customers
makes me want to please them all the more.

Always with love,

Lissi