[bksvol-discuss] Re: gaps in the collection

Hi Monica,
Unbeknownst to anyone, because the books haven't been put into the collection
yet,
I bought 20 books at the Home Depot a month ago. These books are on plumbing,
wiring,
drywall, trimwork, barbecues, kitchen remodeling, brick and tile, landscaping,
backyards
for children, how houses are built, etc, etc.  I also got some books on cutting
electricity
bills and creating 'greener' houses.
And thanks to a donation of 600+ books a couple of months ago, there are maybe
16
books coming on perennials, annuals, orchids, greenhouses, house plants, African
violets, etc.
And a week ago, I bought a dozen books on films, and some TV series (Lost,
Firefly,
Star Trek).
And I bought a book on the history of American birding. Never occurred to me
that
someone would write a book about that, but they did, so I got it.
I'll see if I can find books on defensive driving, car maintenance,
beauty/fashion,
scrapbooking, home decorating, and flower arranging.
Our star Googler is looking for histories of the various countries around the
world
from non-American, non-European people, per another person's request. And she's
looking
for pro-communism writers too, per yet another person's request. Since she likes
international politics, she's having a good time with these last two requests.
Carrie

How are you going to handle all the diagrams and such that appear in those type
of home improvement books? It's my experience that such how-to guides don't, as
a rule, OCR very well.