[bksvol-discuss] Re: frustrated, can't upload!

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 10:40:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bud,

  When you say you took the apostrophe out, do you mean that you took it out of
the title on the upload form or you took it out of the name of the file that
you're trying to upload?  If it's the latter, please take the apostrophe out of
the filename.  It's fine if the apostrophe is in the title of the book on the
form, but the filename cannot have any punctuation or special characters in it.

  HTH, Carrie

Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi Gang,

I've been trying to upload a book for five or six times now with no
luck. It keeps coming back with an error. Each time the title of
the book is missing. It's Gabriel's Angel and I tried taking the
apostrophe out and that didn't help either. I tried using internet
explorer and also firefox and still the same results. I'm really
baffled as the title is in there when I upload it.
Allso, I like using internet explorer better than firefox for this
purpose as firefox doesn't read many of the edit boxes. Does anybody
else find that true or is my setup here causing it?
Thanks for any thoughts, I'm really mystified. I send in several
books a month without this problem.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California