[bksvol-discuss] Re: free books for scanners second update 1, 5, 12 claimed, 14 and 15 newly added

  • From: "Barbara Baker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scootergirlred" for DMARC)
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 05:05:28 -0800

I want 14.

Barbara

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On February 9, 2017 8:26:52 PM "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Booksharian Friends,

Here’s a second update to the list. 1, 5 and 12 are headed for the collection. Check 13, 14 15, 16, 17 and 18 newly added.

1. Claimed. Yay

2. Women’s Work a novel by Anne Tolstoi Wallach – Successful advertising executive is unable to garner equal positions as her male co-workers 342 pages.

3. Women of Darkness II edited by Kathryn Ptacek - 18 short horror stories by women writers 260 pages

4. When They Took Away The Man in the Moon by Kate Lehrer – 243 pages – novel about childhood memories, family roots and unrealistic expectations for our modern lives.

5. Claimed

6. Unofficial Verdicts The Central Park Jogger Trials by Timothy Sullivan – nonfiction - 314 – some complex pages (end matter) may be skipped. otherwise easy scan

7. The Imperfect Mirror Inside Stories of Television Newswomen nonfiction by Daniel Painsner 256 pages excluding double column index which can be skipped. Nice wide margins.

8. Universe 2 edited by Robert Silverberg and Karen Haber – SF anthology 307 pages – I might do this if there are no takers but I’m so swamped with books. This looks fantastic for many SF fans. Brand new condition

9. Courage to be Myself by Carlos G. Valles, S.J. – Looks like a good self help book or memoir 228 pages, great margins, non yellowing, great for scanning

10. Royal Service my Twelve years as valet to prince Charles by Stephen P. Barry – 244 pages

11. Rising Sun Victorious the alternate history of how the japanese won the pacific war edited by Peter G. Tsouras about 2550 pages

12 Claimed

13. Rootie Kazootie a Novel by Lawrence Naumoff – 273 pages – About the meaning of love. A love triangle between a married couple and the other woman who lives next door.

14. The Realm of Secondhand souls by Sandra Shea – psychological novel about orphaned introverted girl who takes solace in her imagination as she experiences tragedy, domestic upheaval and eventually takes special comfort in a secondhand store.

15. The Sunset Grille by Will Cunningham – 272 pages – young girl is murdered and a minister’s brother is a suspect with good and evil battling for his soul. There are seamy happenings in the basement of the Grille the victim’s parents own.

16. Alan Mendelsohn is a Martian by Daniel M. Pinkwater, 250 pages, outcast junior high kid, especially after sitting on someone’s ice cream bar in the school yard, makes an interesting friend.

17. Perilous Weekend by Arlene Hale – mass market romantic suspense, 204 pages, some yellowing around the margins, Bridal party turns into a nightmare...

18. Montana Legacy by R. C. Ryan, 296 pages, mass market but very new, no yellowing, romance, forever Press, Woman who broke rancher’s heart returns offering help...

Please correct any of my important mistakes or let me know if a book is, in fact, in the collection.

Always with love and hope,

Lissi