[bksvol-discuss] fractions -- was Re: Re: Credit Suggestion

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 20:32:07 -0700

Seems like this could be a problem of the braille translation program. It would have to be able to recognize the way proofers are writing fractions and convert them to the Nemeth code. And if we could figure out what form the braille converter will make proper fractions from, that will probably mess up what would be spoken by text to speech.

*sigh*

Misha

Kim Friedman wrote:
Hi, Debby, the fractions you wrote down were heard by my screen reader but
my BrailleNote didn't see them but just as a couple of marks and not in the
way I've seen fractions look in Braille cookbooks from NLS or fractions in a
math book. Regards, Kim.