[bksvol-discuss] Re: formatting question

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:18:15 -0500

Granted this is somewhat convoluted.

First, find a book you proofread in the past, any book will do.
Then click on that book's title for the book information page.
Down at the bottom it will list you as proofreader. Click on your name and you
should get all the books you proofread.

Hope this helps.
Bob
"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will
live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
          From: Rik James <rixmix2009@xxxxxxxxx>
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 8:09 AM

          Valerie & Doug,

          If I understand what you said, the letter that is separated from the
rest of
          a word is part of a sentence. Is that correct?

          If this is the case, I would remove the spaces. And put the letter
with the
          rest of the word.

          So that it may be read and make sense.

          If it is helpful, I think it is good to use brackets and use text
like
          "reader's note" followed by an explanatory note, followed by by
another
          bracketed "end of readers' note."   This way as a reader, you hear
that
          there is some explanatory text, and the readers are better informed
and can
          enjoy the book just like if they were looking at it.

          I have heard this type of thing in recordings for years, in the NLS
books
          and on RFB & D books. So it seems to me that our Bookshare collection
could
          or should have these type of explanatory notes.  I have used them in
a scan
          where I think it appropriate.  But not everyone who scans will be
noting all
          of these details.  And when that is the case, we just have to parse
as best
          we can the confusing sections in text of books that are scanned for
our
          collection.

          I hope that this is helpful.

          From what you said, if I got it right, an explanatory note may not