[bksvol-discuss] Re: formatting question

You can save having to do this step for each letter of the alphabet by
using a search pattern of [a-z].  You have to enable Use wild-cards
(made visible with the More button in the Find/Replace dialog.

As an example, I created a new document and typed "ab" into it, I then
did a Replace of [a-z] with c, after which the document contained cc
instead of ab.

If you need to keep part of what you found and put it into the
replace, you can use parenthesis as in  the following example:
Find: ([a-z])
Replace: \1^p

Please note that the character before the 1 is actually a back-slash.
JAWS is telling me it is a right brace, but that is incorrect.  I get
the correct character when I copy paste out of the e-mail.

The parenthesis in the find create a match element that can be used in
the replace, here corresponding to the \1 in my example.

After running this Find/Replace on the same document the two c
characters are now on separate lines.

Again, this only works if you have the use wild-cards check-box
marked.  If you have any questions I'll be happy to attempt answers.

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx