[bksvol-discuss] Re: footers: An apology and a favor

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 19:52:32 -0500

Cindy,

As you can see, I'm back.  We had a good visit from Karen's parents, and I'm
feeling better, though I'm still suffering a lot from allergies.

As for your question, do not put anything above page numbers when they are
in the header, or after page numbers when they are in the footer.  If you
do, then the tool that volunteers call the Stripper can not recognize the
page numbers since they will not be in either the first or last paragraph on
the page which is where the validation instructions specify that they should
be in order for the Stripper to work properly.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to checking those four books you asked me to
check.  I'll try to do it now that Karen's parents have left.

Gerald