[bksvol-discuss] Re: font size

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:06:50 +0000

I frequently use Times New Roman [only Times here at font size 6] as I can see it more clearly than any of the others offered here in webmail.att.net. The book I am currently reading is at Ariel 24 but it is one I am reading, not scanning or validating. Usually I scan normally but view it at multiplied by 2. When I want to check something I switch to multiplied by 1. Only if it is in a font that makes viewing difficult do I change the font. This is the best I can show equal to my reading though I think it is just a bit smaller. I cannot understand how the same fonts at the same size can be so different from one program to another. If I try to read an Ariell 8 or 10 I cannot manage it. I have to expand it to 18 or 24 - preferably the latter. Now a 6 here seems to be close to that. Most books I cannot manage at magnification 1 but must go to a 2 at the least. I have some books I have scheduled to scan which will take at least a 3 as they are small [5x7"]  and in very small print. Others, though not as small, have very small print and will probably be close to the same 3. While I use the reader, I know from the mispronunciation of Names and some words that I cannot rely on it for accuracy when I validate my own work which I automatically do. So I must enlarge it.To quote someone [I think Elizabeth I or Victoria but I don't remember where]: "We do what we must."

Amy
omsm

-------------- Original message from the ppardees <jfpardee@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------