[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback for the manual

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

Well, if you're reading the book you're validating and
the text continues logically, you know the page break
and page number are o.k. If suddenly the next page
doesn't make sense--something seems to be missing
(except some of the weird sci fi Amy's been working
on--grin) either a sentence or two or a page or more
is missing. Likewise, if the page repeats, you know
the page has been scanned twice.

That can happen to the best of us--likewise, pages can
be skipped either because the scanner loses
concentration or pages stick together. When I scanned
books and prevalidated afterward, before submitting, I
discovered I had both duplicated and skipped pages.

If pages are missing and you can't get the book or
read it, then you'd probably prefer to release it was
a note, such as you've seen here, so someone who can
get the book can validated it.

HTH

Cindy