[bksvol-discuss] Re: favorite/most downloaded books

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:29:16 EDT

It's right after the most recent link on the browse page, but it doesn't
work. About the only difference between the most recent books and the most
popular list is the default sort order. At maximum it will only show books
added in the last three months. There is a combo box to choose the last month,
the last week and the last day too, but each longer period of time you choose
gives a proportionately larger number of results, so I have the feeling
that a book need only be downloaded once to make it to the most popular list.
There is also a choice in that combo box of all books, but that does not work
either. When you choose it the results that come up are just the results of
the last time period you chose. If this really is a list of the most
popular books, even if the most popular of the books most recently added to the
collection, one would expect that they could be sorted in order of popularity,
but instead you only have a choice of alphabetical order which is the
default order, copyright date and date added. If you choose that last one the
list looks almost exactly like the default order of the most recent books. I do
not get the feeling at all that when I look at the most popular list that I
am looking at the most popular books. That feature was much more
interesting back before the new site went live in January.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] favorite/most downloaded books
Date:
7/5/2009 4:14:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

How do I find the list of the favorite downloads or the most downloaded
books now? It used to be, I thought, right on the main home page (but so did
the
new books link). I can find the new books link but not the most downloaded
link.
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: The Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222887319x1201497660/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&
bcd=JulyExcfooterNO62)