[bksvol-discuss] Re: extracting books from the zipped folder

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bkshare discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 23:27:28 -0600

Hi Chris,

Just a suggestion ... but rather than copying and pasting your zipped files,
if you're using Windows Xp, , you might try:

 1. Highlight zipped folder name;

 2. Use menu or (alt) key and arrow down to "extract" files. It's a dialog
box, as you may know; and

 3. Follow the prompts.

HTH

Blessings.

Lynn I

From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Feist

Hi.  Yup, The password prompt comes up.  I then type in my Bookshare
password, but when I enter on OK, I hear a bonk sound and nothing else
happens.  I can't move the files for some reason.

When I'm in the zipped folder, I do a Control-A to select all, then I hit
Control-C to copy, then I alt-tab into the folder I want to insert the book.
Then I Control-V to paste.  When that prompt comes up, I enter the password
as mentioned but bonk, bonk, bonk.  LOL.  I'm using the same password I log
on to the site with, and it's the same one I used in the past to extract
books before the change.  Any thoughts?

Chris Feist - The one and only!