[bksvol-discuss] extended editing

Hi all,
I have spent many hours fixing up a book that Shelley scanned.  It's a good
scan but full of extra little scannos,  characters and additional letters in
words that just take time and patience to get rid of.
There is however, one full page over halfway through full of nothing but
garbage.  I have spent so much time on this book that I simply refuse to
leave it there or not fix it up.  I have put in for an inter library loan
for the book since none of our libraries has the book.  I am hoping it will
be here shortly but in the meantime, is there any way for me to tell the
system that this book will be out for an extended period of time  Or is
there no other way but to continually renew it before the seventh day?
The book I think had a fair rating when I took it.  It will have an
excellent rating by the time I get done, but it may be several weeks
depending on the interlibrary loan.
Shannon