[bksvol-discuss] Re: ellipsis

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:23:59 -0600

From what I've seen, the Bookshare translator can't handle three periods
with spaces. I think putting them together may be best because of the
Bookshare translator, and since it won't have negative effects for readers
using speech either.
Paula, it seems you're suffering the effects of actually having a good
translator. <grin> What I would do is before starting to read any book, do a
mass search and replace for all instances of three periods together and
replace them with spaces. Since it would only be one search it shouldn't be
that much of a pain.
Kellie