[bksvol-discuss] ellipses

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:07:22 -0800 (PST)

>I do, too. I think we were asked to, once, though
probably it was by readers rather than bookshare. It's
easy enough to do, though I admit it doesn't look as
nice as when they're spaced. But I put the various
ways they're spaced--and they don't always scan
correctly so sometimes there are too many spaces
between the dots, or there's a comma instead of a
dote--and replace with three dots unspaced and no
space after the word preceding the dots or after them
before a quotation mark, if there is one. DItto when
there is a period at the end of a sentence and then
three dots, making 4 altogether.

Cindy Ro

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm