[bksvol-discuss] Re: ellipses

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:02:06 -0700 (PDT)

Kellie, the answer is yes.  I just checked a book to
be sure. The reason, I guess, is that it distinguises
ellipses from periods. Sometimes there is a period,
which is directly after the last word in a sentence,
and then the ellpises, so you have a total of four
dots and four spaces. Period after sentence, space,
dot (which is the period symbol), space, dot, space,
dot, space ,next sentence or word.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com