[bksvol-discuss] elipses ad nauseum

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 22:01:58 -0700

Scott, Are you sure you still want to work with the volunteers? Just kidding, but this is all because we braille readers would like our books to look as correct as possible. If there are spaces between each period, then periods are what we see "feel." If the three are together without spaces, we feel three single dots. A braille period has three dots, so you can see why Susan says how bad that looks. It would be great if every rule fit all, but it doesn't. However, by eliminating the spaces between the three dots when scanning or proofreading, it really makes a difference to the braille reader. A ruling from Bookshare in the manual would be of real help here.