[bksvol-discuss] Re: .doc to.rtf

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 22:46:00 EDT

I think I succeeded, but not the way you told me. I opened up the file and
there was the text. I accidentally hit the space bar and corrected my mistake
with a backspace. Then I tried to exit the file and was prompted as to whether
I  wanted to save my changes. I clicked yes and then got a prompt that the
document  could not be saved in its current format; it would have to be
converted to RTF.  I clicked okay. I suppose that means that I converted it. In
message dated  9/2/2008 9:56:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scenter@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

If you are using word pad go to file, then save or save as then select  rich
text format on the pop up panel and hit save to your right.

If you have MS word put the open the file with MS Word and format it as
needed, then save as rtf file. When you go to save, go to file, save, or save
as,
then use the second drop down panel below the file name and indicate rich
text format, then save to your right

Some word pad files do transfer welll in MS Word, other seem to loses a
little formating like in colums.  .

There are some conversion programs that do not require use of MS  Word. Some
of them will convert pdf files to fiff files to word or rtf. I am  testing a
few to see how well they do before I purchase one.

Any suggestions of programs others have used or have tried are  welcome. I am
looking to go from pdf multiple pages to word or rtf.

Colleen Edwards

Colleen Edwards
3377 Bethel Road SE, Suite 107, PMB 334
Port  Orchard WA 98366
253 857 7943
FAX: 253 203 6233
email: _scenter@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:scenter@xxxxxxxxxxx)

addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information.
If
you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure,  dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the  intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return
email and  delete this communication and destroy all copies.