[bksvol-discuss] Re: do I have to rescan?

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 05:27:23 -0500

Let me reiterate something Jackie said:
"4) Restart your machine & let 'er rip--this is gonna take awhile so go
do other stuff;"

Take a while is an understatement. Rumor has it that one chkdsk that is still running was initiated during the Cambrian geologic period. What's worse, this is all going on without speech.

Chkdsk is very stable and usually has no problem, if it does encounter difficulties you will not know about it. Running chkdsk is indeed an act of faith. But it does straighten out troublesome files, and might be a way to fix this one.

Just be forewarned that it takes a very very long time. And is not for the impatient user.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>