[bksvol-discuss] Re: do I have to rescan?

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:53:27 -0700

Amber:

Have u tried running a checkdisk on the drive? To do this:
1) Hit windows r, then type cmd & hit enter.
2) type chkdsk /r & hit enter;
3) You'll get a message, tellin u there r open files & asking if u
wanna run checkdisk the next time the computer reboots--type y & press
enter;
4) Restart your machine & let 'er rip--this is gonna take awhile so go
do other stuff;
5) Hopefully, when u return, it'll be fixed.

If u want, u can send me the file privately at:
abletec@xxxxxxxxx
& I'll see if there's any way of recovering it, though I'm not
terribly optimistic. But send it *b4* u do the checkdisk.

HTH.

--
Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at: