[bksvol-discuss] Re: divided words

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:18:01 -0500 (EST)

Jill

The guidelines are very basic.  In addition to the new one regarding
making certain that there are page breaks, you need to make certain that
the book isn't already on the system (and if it is, that it isn't a better
replacement),
that it appears to have been scanned rather than being an ebook from
somewhere else,
that title/author/copyright/publishing info is included, and that the text
portion of the book appears to be complete and readable.
While what many validators do certainly improves the
goes far beyond that, it is not required.
One can, for example, get a general sense of readability by page sampling
and ranked spellchecking.
How much extra you choose to do is your choice.

As I have done countless validations, I begin to know what to expect from
submitters and gauge my efforts from there.
And note the comments experienced submitters include as a guideline of
what you might choose to do or not do.