[bksvol-discuss] Re: dis dis dis

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:17:12 -0600

Hi Shelley!

I'm reading on the computer with speech: Window-Eyes and TripleTalk PC. I don't have a braile display, so I wasn't thinking in braille like yu and Kim are, assuming you both are reading with a braille display or notetaker like Kim is with her BrailleNote. It's interesting to me though that, in the lasst instance of dis dis dis that I have found so far in the book, it really seemed like it should be an elipsis rather than a scano, because the punctuation would make sense if, after the last word in the sentence, there was . dis dis dis" I changed that instance to an elipsis, not only for the punctuation, but it seemed like the character was thinking of how to explain something.

Debby

At 09:08 AM 11/22/2009, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote
Smile, random question, but are you reading in Braille?

As the dis is also the . (period) symbol, and in the first example it is a scanno and needs to be removed, the second incident it is a elipses or ...

Just a thought, but if you are reading it on a Braillenote or other program it is going to tell you what it thinks it is in braille.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>