[bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more questions

  • From: "Kestrell" <kestrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:08:59 -0400

So there is supposed to be a space before and after the ellipsis? I could swear
that I read in the volunteer scanning documentation that all spaces were
supposed to be eliminated. Perhaps I misunderstood what was meant by "all"?

Kestrell

          From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 9:33 PM

          There is another quirky arrow (not just a straight line), called an
optional hyphen, and those you DO delete.  Maybe those are what you are
thinking of or have seen, Cindy.  I would be interested in learning how it is
identified in Braille or by speech.

          Valerie

          On May 21, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Cindy wrote:

                  I never knew what those little  arows were; I though maybe
paragraph symbols so I just deleted them, and there didn't seem to be any
problem with wha remained.

                    From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more
questions
                    To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Date: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 5:08 PM

                    I am thinking the right pointing error is a tab, and would
be replaced by a space unless you want your material formatted as a table, then
it can be used for creation of a table.

                    If you are in Word and not wanting to make a table, do a
find and replace by putting ^t in the first box and a single space in the
second.

                    HTH!

                    Valerie

                    On May 21, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:

                      The right pointing arrows are something you need to
eliminate. In word you just replace all of the ^l with a space, unless it's
truly where a paragraph ends then you replace it with ^p.

                      But usually it's a temporary line break so that it looks
like the print book, but is very annoying in braille and needs to be eliminated.

6:02 PM