[bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more questions

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 00:52:45 -0700

Hi Bob,

Optional hyphens are not em dashes. Optional hyphens are hyphens that were
in the print book when a line on the page ended, but didn't need a hyphen at
that point otherwise.

And em dashes no longer need to be converted to double hyphens.  I tested it
and it's true.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 5:08 PM

I am thinking the right pointing error is a tab, and would be replaced by a
space unless you want your material formatted as a table, then it can be
used for creation of a table.

If you are in Word and not wanting to make a table, do a find and replace by
putting ^t in the first box and a single space in the second.

HTH!

Valerie

On May 21, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:

The right pointing arrows are something you need to eliminate. In word you
just replace all of the ^l with a space, unless it's truly where a paragraph
ends then you replace it with ^p.

But usually it's a temporary line break so that it looks like the print
book, but is very annoying in braille and needs to be eliminated.