[bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more questions

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:27:28 -0700

Hi Charisma!

Indices are evil!  I can't stand them!  I truly feel your pain! And the
index is not core content, so you can, if you want to, just leave the index
alone and let it stand as is.

As to your paragraph marks, many of the ones you note NEED to be there.  You
want them at the end of lines in the index.  You want them everywhere you'd
put a carriage return.  You DON'T want to eliminate paragraph marks
altogether!!!! In case that's what you're thinking.  If you did that, there
would be absolutely no paragraphs in your book at all!  Can you imagine
trying to read a book that had no paragraphing?

Uh, did I say to check every single instance of a paragraph mark?  Shoot me
for that! Only a truly demented person would do that without reading the
book!  It'd kill you, or cause you to do said to someone else?  Did you get
the message with my find and replace thingy (long thingy) at the bbottom
under my signature?  Is that the thing that you tried?

You do want to keep paragraph marks, just where they belong,.  Where you
would normally place a carriage return.

Those arrow things that you are seeing?  I have no idea what they are.  Were
it me, I'd find them, select/highlight one, the first one in the book, and
use the find and replace dialogue to get rid of them by replacing with
nothing, unless you see some purpose that they serve.  I would do this for
our braille readers of bookshare books.  Often strange symbols do not
translate into braille and cause mysterious things to be inserted in their
place, so I'd get rid of them unless you see that they serve some purpose.

Does any of this help?

If not, keep asking!  We'll help you!

Mayrie