[bksvol-discuss] Re: diacritical marks and language

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the suggeston. Unfortunately, my choices seen to be English (Aus
(Aus), Eng. (US) and Eng. (UK)

I suspect I must do something other than just click on the correct one, but I
don't know what. I'm using Word.

I will try again another time. Maybe I need to black the document and then
click on Eng. (UK), or  do t just before the final spell-check--but I validate
with spell-check on, so... I just ignore the little red lines.smile

Now I'm validating a book with a *lot* of German. The submitter did an
excellent job of checking names and things so I just have to put in the
appropriate diacritical marks. I must say, either the human scanners or the
machines you people use are really excellent at proper names. I can't think of
a book I've validated, and there have been many over the years, where the
proper names have been misspelled.

G.Cindy

G.Cindy

AVAILABLE AT