[bksvol-discuss] Re: devi and holiday cards

  • From: devi ramaseshan <deviramaseshan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:21:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jamie

  How are you?   I started to learn braille after I got a job with public high
school to work with a braille student.After sometime  working with her,I
thought if I know braille I can make more connections with  her . So  I
registered with Hadley (many thanks to the vision teacher who gave me the
information) and I finished grade 1.  Grade 1 is very easy.Now I am doing
grade2.   If I have any questions I ask my student /vision teacher and they
help me. This makes me learn it quickly. Also the support I get from Hadley is
great.Later I got an opportunity to transcribe math and so slowly I started
picking that.  Now I love the braille medium so much that I want to learn more.
Also I am a homebird and I do all this at home. I started to learn braille
about a year and a half back.

  Before moving to this place,   I was working as a volunteer for braille
college students as scribe and reader.I am always interested in working for
them. I also work as a volunteer for  charity organisations in  india. I work
on projects for school and college students.The theme of the projects are to
motivate them specially girls to attend school and college and provide
facilities.

   Recently I came to know of Bookshare through the student whom I work
here.Now I work for bookshare.Each connection I make ,leads to another one.I am
happy to know about the bookshare commnunity.
  thanks for your time. devi
Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Devi what a wonderful thing you do for others. When I
was trying to find someone to take my letter and put
it in Braille for my friend during a very trying time
in her life I emailed dozens of people on the internet
and only two answered and only one told me that she
would transcribe my letters to Braille and send them
to my friend. That was before I decided to try to
learn Braille and before she had email access again.

Jamie in Michigan

Devi ramaseshan

http://mail.yahoo.com