[bksvol-discuss] Re: deleting author's name from every page

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Bud,

If you're using K1000 I don't know how to help, unless
it's similar to Word. If you have a Replace, you put
the heading into the replace and leave the With blank.
Then hit replace all.

Usually, the headings are in a different font or size,
so the original title, etc. won't be affected. You can
go to match case and click on that to be sure.
Usually, too, after everything is cleared, you're
asked if you want to go back to the beginning. I say
no, because OI don't want to take the chance of the
original title or author being deleted.

I have, upon occasion, globally replaced and found
that something were eliminated that shouldn't have
been. Fortunately, I found that one can undo, if one
catches it quickly enough. This wouldn't refer to
headings but to other things in the text
. Then I replace one by one.

If what you have doesn't work like Word, then this
advice is no help--nor is it if it isn't clear enough.

Cindy