[bksvol-discuss] Re: degree sign shortcut?

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:08:29 -0600

Okay, this does not seem to be working for me I have a laptop with an external numpad. My understanding of how to do these was to press and hold the alt key while pressing the numbers on the numpad. After pressing the numbers and releasing the alt key there is nothing added to the document. I use WindowEyes, so using the Jaws command for inserting special characters will not work. Is there something different I need to do with a laptop, even though I have an external numpad attached? I have Windows XP SP3 and am using Word XP.

Melissa

Mystery Train wrote:
Alt 0176
----- Original Message ----- From: "Melissa Smith" <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>