[bksvol-discuss] Re: copyright confusion

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 15:38:55 -0700 (PDT)

If in doubt, use the later copyright, in this case, 1962 by Scholastic
Magazines, Inc.  Ignore all information about publisher, printing history, etc.
It's just there to confuse you :-)

Carrie

Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know we've covered this before, but I can't remember which copyright
to fill in for something like the following:

Copyright © 1960 by Catherine Woolley. Copyright © 1962 by Scholastic
Magazines, Inc. This edition is published by Scholastic Book Services,
a division of Scholastic Magazines, Inc., by arrangement with William
Morrow and Company.
3rd printing..............December 1968
So would I fill in 1960 by the author, or 1962 by scholastic
Magazines, Inc.?

Thanks.

Pam

http://mail.yahoo.com