[bksvol-discuss] Re: cookbooks

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:35:31 -0400

Terribly big project to take on as a first proof though Cindy. Lots of new things to first learn on an easy book to proof well. There will always be cookbooks.

E.

At 09:29 PM 8/5/2009, you wrote:
There are also some of us sighted volunteers who don't enjoy proofing cookbooks but are more than willing to check measurements for you if we can get the book from the library. I've worked with Elizabeth like that. She tells me the page or the recipe (I can then find the page in the index) that has the poorly scanned measurement and I send her what the measurement is supposed to be. that way I don't have to read the whole book, but the measurements are correct when she uploads the file

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List