[bksvol-discuss] Re: converting

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:24:28 -0700 (PDT)

Now that bookshare will accept rtf files in place of
txt files, would it work for you if you convert to rtf
before validating? I haven't had a problem, though,
with Word eating page breaks if they are in txt files.
It's just that sometimes they haven't been. IT may
have to do with how they were scanned, i.e. the
scanner program of other software or hardware the
scanner is using. But when the txt file that I
download has page breaks, my Word keeps them when I
save in rtf or Word.

Cindy

--- Kellie Hartmann <hart0421@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sue, both Word and WordPad eat page breaks in txt
> files. If that's what you need to use for editing,
> it would be better if you worked on rtf files.
> They're safer, and they won't do complicated
> annoying things like spontaneous depagination.
> <grin>
> Kellie

Make Yahoo! your home page
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs