[bksvol-discuss] Re: contacting people who leave no email address on bookshare when submitting

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:00:27 -0400

Just because it is possible to get info such as my email address or other info, does not mean I am happy when somebody digs and gets info and contacts me.

How would you feel for example if you got a letter from somebody listing all kinds of info they obtained about you and saying they obtainedit because it is part of public records?

I am simply saying you may get a bad reaction if you dig up and then use info readily available on the internet. .

E.

At 11:20 PM 6/25/2008, you wrote:
Well, the internet is public. It seems to me that anyone whose email address is obtainable by googling has to expect emails from anyone looking for them. I've looked for people and not found them--e.g., Tom Lehrer. By googling him I found that he is a professor emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, I think it was, but even going through the university directory I couldn't find an email address. I was looking for someone else, too, at a business, but there was no email address--just a regular address and, I think, as phone number. As Chela says, the person contacted doesn't have to answer and can thereafter block the sender's address.

G.Cindy

***WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/

A LIST OF BOOKS CURRENTLY BEING SCANNED IS AVAILABLE AT http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/scanning.html