[bksvol-discuss] Re: comments about step 1 books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 07:37:51 -0400

I totally understand sometimes things happen. I just hope to avoid a particular kind of intentional pattern, not what you are describing. (smile)

E.

At 07:21 AM 6/19/2006, you wrote:

E, sometimes books that I hold for a while because I've been working on them
get knocked out of my queue because I happen to be gone during my renewal
days, and in time I have to go pick them up again. These are marked as
released whether I intentionally released them or not. Just some info worth
having...

Also fyi, I hate validating fiction and won't do it unless the synopsis
really captures my attention because it tends to scan badly in my
experience. I will pick up lots of fair nonfiction and spend hours and hours
cleaning it up so that it's good or even excellent, which is why I hold
books for so long. But I won't do it for fiction because the reasons for the
fair ratings are entirely different and it's very difficult to fix. Fair
nonfiction tends to be fair because of difficult fonts and errors in the
middles of words that I can interpret. Fair fiction tends to be fair because
of missing words at the ends and beginnings of lines. It's impossible to fix
these without getting the books and re-scanning, and if I have to do that
then I believe the scanner should re-scan the book.

Sarah J. Blake
Personal mail to:
sjblake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx