[bksvol-discuss] Re: children's chapter books in series

  • From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 14:05:27 -0800

I LOVED Trixie Beldon! Anyone doing the old Sue Barton, student nurse (and
on up) series? Loved those too. The Jewish "All-of-a Kind Family" is in,
this is a series of chapter books. I know they're there because I put them
there! Smile. They were my childhood "My brother and I are the only Jews in
my neighborhood" saving grace.

I think I got *most* of Jean Little's (blind Canadian author, award winner)
books in, all chapter books including two about German immigrants with a
blind daughter. Later found her 2 volume autobiography which is how I found
out she was blind herself!

Liz in Portland

Liz Halperin
Portland, OR