[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:21:52 -0500

If you can figure out the offset between the first page in the document,
and actual page '1',  you should be able to goto-page and find the right
page, or almost the right page,  by adding the offset to the page number.
Not a perfect world,  but the future is . . . so bright!

Or at least. . .  we hope it will be. . .

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
06/14/2004 10:13 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

I figured that as a possibility.  But I do understand that I cannot type
in the string 125 and find that page number?  So, looking at an OReilly
computer book's table of contents and find a section I want means not
entering the page number, but the phrase I want to find.