[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

Yes Cindy,  page numbers are stripped by the automated tool. Nevertheless,
 we should ensure that we preserve them in our submissions and approved
copies,  because they are preserved in an archival copy of our
submissions,  and may be utilized in future enhancements of the bookshare
system.
Furthermore,  if submitting/scanning volunteers nuke those page numbers,
they will make it impossible for reviewers to perform book integrity
checks.
Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Cindy R <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
06/12/2004 04:56 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] chapter headings

Perhaps putting chapter headings down several line
spaces rather than just a couple would preserve them.

We were told at one point that the automated stripper
would only delete the lines that kept being the same
and that if there were a page number (which we were
told to put at the top of the page, then skip a line
and then put the text) that differed each page then
the headings wouldn't be stripped. If they're being
stripped anyway, are the page numbers being stripped,
too? I agree with the person who said that she
manually deletes, as she validates, the chapter and
book title headings that are on the pages subsequent
to the first page of the chapter.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/