[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings???

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 16:50:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sarah,

I add the word CHAPTER on the second line from the top only on those few pages
that are the start of a new chapter, not on the top line with all the page
headers.  I hope the stripper is smart enough to distinguish between the two!

Carrie

Sarah Van Oosterwijck <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carrie,
I appreciate your work and what you are doing makes perfect sense.  I don't
always notice whether a number is a page number or chapter number until
inspecting it ferther.  My concern is that adding the word chapter will make
the stripper see repeated text where it would not if there were only numbers.
There just isn't a good solution that we as submitters and validators can apply
on our own.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity