[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings???

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:23:02 -0500

Elizabeth,  if you add captions,  you may want to put those in square
brackets.  It is a common practice for editors to do so.

Strictly speaking the word Chapter should be square-bracketed as well if
added by the editors like you and I,  but in total honesty,  I have never
bracketed it myself, whenever I added it to a book.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/27/2005 05:45 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings???

I too am a stealthy adder of words.  Mostly I just add the word "chapter"
but sometimes I add the word "(caption)" to indicate a description where
the description is just plunked down in the middle of text.  Also, I make
sure the text ends at the end of the sentence by moving parts of sentences

when the description breaks up a text in the middle of a sentence.  Hope
that makes sense.  When I am doing it it makes more sense than when I am
describing doing it.

E.