[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter headings

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 23:06:57 -0800 (PST)

Julie, dear.

Sighted help is always existent for you here. There
are several of us willing to help, assuming we can
obtain the books. I can, and have, provided page
numbers and chapter titles for people in a list--can't
remember who, though. And I've just obtained a book
and provided answers to questions about lines and
paragraphs on particular pages for someone. We're here
for you, smile

Cindy

--- Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finding sighted help isn't always possible. I know
> it's not for me. I do
> have a little vision so I can usually see if there's
> a chapter heading.
> I may not be able to read it sometimes, but I can at
> least sometimes see
> what's there. If I can't, though, sighted help is
> nonexistent for me.
>
> Jill O'Connell wrote:
> > In my opinion, a matter of real concern is the
> chapter headings that
> > are lost because they are too large for the
> scanner to read. I would
> > urge those of you without any sight who are
> scanning to find out from
> > someone sighted what type of headings are in the
> book you are
> > scanning. Often when chapter headings are simply
> numbers, they are
> > lost completely which is, to say the least,
> disconcerting when reading
> > the finished product.
> subject line.  To get a
> > list of available commands, put the word 'help' by
> itself in the
> > subject line.

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm