[bksvol-discuss] Re: can't submit?

  • From: Allison Hilliker <AllisonH@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:51:39 -0800

Hi Jamie and others,

I encountered the same problem today. The site from which Bookshare gets its
metadata, Bowker, seems to be down. That's interfering with the submission
process.  You can successfully upload the books if you skip the ISBN page and
enter the metadata by hand on the next page. Like we used to do in the old
days. <smile>.  If you don't feel up to writing in all the metadata yourself,
you can wait and try submitting your books later. Hopefully Bowker will be
running again soon.

HTH,
Allison