[bksvol-discuss] Re: can't get file to move quickly

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 22:34:05 -0400

Dear Booksharian Friends,

I handle picture captions and descriptions as you do, Misha, as I know several other scanners and proofers do.

Speaking for myself, I would add that I place them between paragraphs. I don't interrupt sentences or paragraphs to insert them. That means I put them as near as possible to the bottom or top of the page as they appear, but adjust the placement a little to accommodate the flow of reading.

If the picture is on a page by itself, I do put the caption/description on that page whether a sentence is interrupted or not, preserving the integrity of the pages by putting the material about the picture on the whole picture page.

Misha, are you still not a member of Bookshare because you have too much vision and no other disabilities which interfere with reading? While you're recuperating from your surgery, you could join because I imagine handling books could be painful for a while. I would gladly donate credits for your membership, as i know several of us would line up to do. Listening to daisy books or reading them on your computer screen using a mouse would be theraputic during your rehabilitation. You could let us know if any of the sf books in the collection which you didn't put there yourself, need bso-ing.

Best wishes for a successful outcome and speedy recovery from your operation.

Always with love,

Lissi

Always with love,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike" <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>