[bksvol-discuss] Re: can a book have multiple ISBN numbers?

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:44:55 -0700 (PDT)

Maithe, I've seen books with an N at the end of the ISBN number. You only put
in the 10 or 13 digits so if the X makes longer than that, skip it. Also, ISBN
numbers are not required on submissions, but I think it makes it easier for the
validator if he or she has to look anything up or get a print copy of the book.

  I've never purchased an e-book so I couldn't say about ISBN numbers on those.
I would presume they have them but since I don't have any e-books, I can't say
for sure. That wouldn't matter for Bookshare anyway, since books have to be
scanned to be allowed in Bookshare under the copyright exception, is my
understanding.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Lisey's Story - Stephen King