[bksvol-discuss] Re: braille

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:09:18 -0400

Hi Kim,

I completely agree! :)  I can't imagine my life without braille.  I also think
that if you learn braille, you always have a choice.  You can decide to listen
to an audio book, use a computer speech only or whatever.  But for those times
that you need or want braille you have it.  I ticks me off that for so many
kids, the choice is made for them by others who may not understand the critical
importance of having braille as an option, and how difficult it can be to
acquire that option later in life.

Anyway, I'll stop before I launch my own rant, but I think you're right on
target.
Cheers,
Donna