[bksvol-discuss] Re: brackets

Brackets are frequently used in the promotional blurbs in the books front
matter,  often to denote words or sentence fragments inserted by the
editorial staff. Omerta probably did not use such editorial devices.
I have seen some occasions where brackets are used in the body text of a
regular novel instead of italics, or once again, as editorial insertions.
So,  the bottom line is:  handle with care.  Square brackets are people
too!

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
04/05/2005 08:36 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: brackets

Omerta is probably the kind of book where there were no square brackets.
But there is nothing that should have been removed and the BRF file is
perfect.  It was a good book and a pleasure to read because of the absence
of errors and junk chars.

Sue S.