[bksvol-discuss] Re: boot camp for christians

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 06:54:18 -0500

Mike,
    Have a look at the following which I clipped from the comments.

Action: RETURNNEW

Date: 2005-06-14 01:54:21-07

User: a Bookshare.org Volunteer

In copyright field, please list copyright holder of record on copyright page
of scanned book.

---------------------------------

Action: DONEDONE

Date: 2005-06-05 13:33:46-07

User: a Bookshare.org Volunteer

updated by ValidationTools.php

---------------------------------

Action: VALID

Date: 2005-06-05 13:33:33-07

User: Laura... *removed for privacy*

The book says copywrite date 1990 by The Council on Biblical Manhood and
womanhood but is edited and taken from another book by John Piper. That book
is
copywright John Piper. Please email me and let me know if I haven't done
this correctly. lauraann4him@*omitted to protect privacy*

---------------------------------

This seems to suggest Gustavo needs a validator to change the copyright
holder field, then he can add it to the database. From the validators
comments it seems like their was a little bit of confusion. I saw this book
earlier and was going to upload it with the necessary changes, but then I
lost the damn file (still can't find it, must be another Windows mystery),
but when I went to go redownload the book I noticed the previous validators
time had expired. Since I generally like to give that person a day or two to
grab the book in case they are still interested I decided to wait.

So I wouldn't go quite so far to say that an ISBN is a must have for newer
books...

HTH,
Jake