[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bookshare-discuss] Calling All Scanners

  • From: "Kerri Kosten" <wvusuperfan22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:19:23 -0500

Hi:

This sounds great.
I have an idea for the validators.  You can do them similiar to the scanners.
You can have a validator or validators who want to participate email you a list
of 10 books they have validated that are in excellent condition or something.
You can check the collection to make sure they are in excellent condition.

I wish I could parcipate in this, but unfortunately I think I will have to do
whatever you decide for the validators.  I have a scanner and k1000 but I just
got it and so I only have 1 book on my harddrive which I have already
submitted.  I am feverishly working on a book right now by R. A. Nelson called
Teach me and I have another here called Die for Me by Karen Rose (that is the
small paperback I am having trouble with) but I go to college and live in a
dorm.  My dorm room is very small and I don't really have enough space for my
scanner so I can only scan when I am home so I am afraid I won't get much done.
 I go back to school on Sunday.  I am trying to get this Teach me done but I
just started it so who knows.
However I can validate anything except KES and ARK on my laptop at school so I
can validate.

I wish you luck though on this and I hope you get lots of books submitted and
it sounds like a great project.

Kerri