[bksvol-discuss] Re: books with less than excellent ratings

Shelly, I think it is because many words in the books are either colloquial or
have unusual spellings and are picked-up by Bookshare as scanos. For instance,
many compound words are flagged as misspelled because the standard dictionary
does not have the words as compound ones but as two separate ones. Also, often
authors play around with words for effect, such as looooked instead of looked
and the unusual spellings are not in the dictionary. This situation has
happened to me a great deal and perhaps, that is why The Wind Dancer was
rejected since I visually checked all of the flagged words and found them to be
correct before I submitted the file. Who knows! Take heart, your books are in
excellent shape despite the Bookshare ratings.

  Barbara

"Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Sometimes, and you all know how a concious submitter I am, I am a little
shocked by the "rating" my books get sometimes.

Especially if I did the same work on one book which was labeled excellent,
and another book which was well, rated good, but with the same work, same
settings, and same series of books.

Smile, sometimes it is well out of the submitters hands it seems.

Or so I would assume with

Tornadoes
Volcanoes
Foxes
Why Do rabbits Hop?

The last four books I said were "excellent" read through and edited, but
when I got the "congrats notice found them rated only good.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.