[bksvol-discuss] Re: books on step 1 ten months old or older

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:31:24 -0700 (PDT)

I think you're a saint. I'll take nonfiction that I
think from the titles I'll enjoy, but I'm not generous
enough to tackle something I'm not interested in. Of
course once I've taken a book and found out it's dryer
or more tedious than I expected, I do finish it, but
not with my usual word-for-word reading. I'll make
sure all the pages and numbers are there and correct
scannos that spell-check catch, but that's about it.
That only happened with two books, though. Others that
I didn't think I'd like but took because I was asked
proved unexpectedly interesting, or tolerable, and I
did do them with care.

I've now gotten to the point in my life where I no
longer feel I must finish reading a book that I've
started if I'm not enjoying it. There are too many
books I want to read and too little time left, even if
I live to be a hundred. smile

Cindy

I have found