[bksvol-discuss] Re: books found on other services

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:33:11 -0500

Hi,
I favor having books on Bookshare even if they are duplicates. One example
of why is that although a site like National Braille Press has them, they
are in grade two braille. That leaves out some people. NLS may only have it
on tape. That leaves out some people. Bookshare offers books in both DAISY
and brf formats. That includes everyone as far as I can tell. I wish we
would stop pointing people to other sites to be honest. Instead, I feel we
should get those books and put them on Bookshare. I wish they would join us
and help us. That would centralize everything.

Jim

Thanks.

Jim

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

             "Dan Beaver"
             <dbeaver888@gmail
             Sent by:                  bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             bksvol-discuss-bo                                          cc
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx         support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [bksvol-discuss] books found on
                                       other services
             11/19/2007 11:39
             AM

             Please respond to
             bksvol-discuss@fr
                eelists.org

Hi all,

I was thinking about some of the requests for books that are found free on
other services sites.  For example, Louisa May Alcot's books.  Mnay of hers

are free on Project Gutenberg.

We already have links on Bookshare that simply point to other services
sites
for books.  Why can't we do something similar in this case?  We have links
that point to N BP for some books found exclusively over there.

Just a brain storm.